My bike would be 4 years old in January next year. So I thought it’d be appropriate to write a review. The bike named zapeedo and later re-christened to silver lightning has never let me down. It has been through thick and thin for more than 40,000 kilometers. Except for a few specks of rust, it still stands strong and graceful. Here are a few pros and cons I have noticed with the bike till now:-
- One major engine repair which was due to a noisy cam shaft. Was rectified in a few days but engine had to be opened.
- Few specks of rust at the handlebar ends and rims but that’s more due to the humid atmosphere of Calcutta.
- Clutch cable tended to break but the design was rectified by the company.
- Poor design of the decompressor cable lever which has led to 6 replacements till now.
- Tappets remain a little noisy even after adjustments.
- Performance is still amazing. Amazing pulling power at high speeds and top whack still goes upto 120. Pulsar riders, you may bow..
- Engine has steadily become smoother and less noisy.
- Disc Brake pads provided by pricol still going strong in spite of heavy use.
- Strong chassis which has not let me down in spite of a few accidents.
- Excellent riding position and comfort.
- Good for showing off.