Last few weeks I have been obsessed with some project at work. It was something I was dreading not doing for some time, but eventually took up because no one else would do it, resulting in burnout.
Now, I am a Network Engineer by profession and this project requires skills in Linux, PHP, Perl etc. so was challenging at first, but eventually I got hooked and it took over my life. Some examples of the madness include
- Waking up in the morning anxious to go to office (But not in a good way)
- Sitting at my desk for hours without moving
- Ignoring all other projects
- Not realising it was already night and I have a home
- Going home and researching about the project on my phone
- Not able to sleep thinking about the project
- Having dreams about the project
After 2 weeks now that almost all major challenges are over, I am left spent, exhausted and close to burnout.
Need some time to divert my thoughts to something else.