Today is Day 33 of the lockdown. In these 33 days I haven’t gone out of my apartment complex gate once. And it is starting to affect me in some weird and unexpected ways.
- I do not miss socialising at all. In fact, I welcome this time away from unnecessary socialising.
- I am having very vivid dreams and remembering them for a change. Normally I hardly have dreams and don’t remember them later.
- I miss going to Ambience Mall, drinking coffee ☕️ at Barista, eating at Pizza 🍕 Express and just roaming around the mall. It is unlikely malls will open even after the lockdown is relaxed and I am not sure how the mall or the business inside will survive this.
- I miss drinking fresh beer 🍻 at pubs. Again, not sure when this will happen again.
- I miss eating out at restaurants. My thoughts especially drift towards Toninos at Two Horizon Center on Golf Course road
- I miss driving my car 🚗 , while listening to BBC World Service.
- I miss ordering stuff from Amazon, waiting for the delivery and unboxing the items.
- I miss going to the park and walking🚶♂️ around.
- I miss going to the nursery to buy new plants 🌱 and fertiliser.
- I miss going to Galleria, sitting opposite the fountain and sipping Coca Cola.
As per the current situation, restrictions should start lifting in 11 more days, but I have a feeling that’s not going to be the case and things won’t start going back to normal for a long time.
One thought on “Lockdown Day 33”