My relationship with my hair (The ones on my head i.e.) has been rocky to say the least. I had mentioned before, that I hate haircuts. Experiencing hair loss for quite a few years, I had made up my mind that I will not end up like Pathetic Fool 6. In the beginning of the year, I had decided that I would exit with dignity, and that time has come.
Few days ago, I made the leap and shaved all the hair off my head, for good. This was a moment I had been dreading for years, but surprisingly, the act ended up being liberating beyond measure. I can think of the following ways it has improved my life
- No need to comb anymore. One less thing to keep.
- No need to apply Minoxidil anymore. Further saving of money, no more low blood pressure.
- No need to wait for the tresses to dry after a shower.
- No need to worry about hiding the slowly-expanding bald-spot on the top of my head.
- Haircuts are now a thing of the past. It is so liberating to shave my own head without having to speak to someone or going somewhere. Further saving of money.
- No need to wear a cap while swimming.
- No need to worry that wearing a helmet will squash my hair flat. Plus points for safety.
- No need to worry that getting wet in the rain will squash my hair flat. The rain drops just roll right off.
- Hair not getting in my eyes anymore.
- No bad hair days.
- No need to buy and track shampoo anymore. Further saving of money.
All in all, this was one of the best changes I made to my life and there’s no looking back.