I am not one for New Year’s resolutions. Never made them. However, recently I have been quite unhappy with how some aspects of my life have been going. So I decided to make some changes. And now seems like a good time to start as any. So here are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2023. Nothing too ambitious
- I will try my best to cut down on my Anxiety medication. No set targets, no time bindings, will just do my best without being miserable and see how it goes.
- I will stop wasting money this year. I will spend money as much as I want, within my means, but will stop wasting like here and here. I have made a comprehensive list of the mistakes and lessons learnt from last year. I will also try to start saving some money. No set goals.
- I will not consume alcohol except when the occasion calls for it. Not mindlessly when I am getting bored and have nothing else to do.
- I will listen to music more. Will give new music a chance.
- I will shave my head for good once I get a SIM card replacement and spend 0 effort or money on my hair. Finished.
I will take less sick leaves.
- I will be more grateful for what I have in life.
- I will cut toxic people out of my life.
- I will start reading books again. Again, no set target. Will read as much as I enjoy.
- I will lower my time on Social Networks – especially Quora and Reddit. Will replace the time mindlessly scrolling these apps with book reading. Will lower my screen time.
- I will close the rings on my watch at least 6 days a week. Will run at least 4 days a week.
- I will call my parents, especially my father more.
Let’s see how many I can actually go through with.