This is not the first time I am ranting about this city. See these
Last weekend, I got the opportunity to visit the city after a span of 2.5 years. Here’re a few things I noticed that have changed and some things that have not
- Some signs of development are showing up (2 new Metro Lines)
- More cars on the roads
- The filth still exists everywhere and in greater quantities
- People still bathe on the streets
- The cars still honk like crazy; driving etiquettes are non-existent
- City is still severely polluted, buses still run on cheap Kerosene/Diesel Mix
- People are still Lazy, un-friendly & in a state of perpetual anger
- Kolkata Airport is the worst airport in the country at the moment
The city has a quality of bringing a lethargic feeling even to high-spirited individuals. I used to leave the place I was staying at to go out multiple times a day, only to feel tired in some time and come back.
I had given some thought to shift there in the past few months (to save on money), but all those thoughts are now gone.