This is a status report on the resolutions I made. Let’s see how I did with my New Year’s Resolutions last year:
- I was able to lower my time on Social Networks – Deleted my Quora & Reddit accounts. Was able to lower my screen time somewhat.
- I was able to restart my donations after a break of few years.
- I was able to go bald for good.
- I took much fewer sick leaves this year. Almost all genuine.
- I have been FaceTiming my parents daily.
- I have been able to mostly maintain a healthy reading habit.
- I was able to close all 3 rings on my watch for 301 days straight, before Influenza derailed my efforts. Still, was able to close them at least 3 days a week. I even did my first 10k run.
- I cut down on my Anxiety medication somewhat. There were some rough patches, but I am taking less medication now, than I was, at the beginning of the year.
- I was able to listen to music more. But I wasn’t able to get into new music, even when recommended by friends.
- I was able to cut some toxic people out of my life. Need to do more next year
- I was able to cut back on my alcohol consumption somewhat.
- Epic Fail – I did so well about not wasting money till August, then ate shit. I bought an iPad Air in August. By December, I started hating it and bought an iPad Pro 11″. In a couple of weeks, I started hating it, too and bought an iPad Pro 12.9″. Basically, exact opposite of what happened here and here.
- I wasted somewhat less money this year compared to before. For the first time in many years, I was even able to save some money.
Overall, I am quite happy with my progress last year. This year I am not making any new resolutions, would rather make sure I complete the ones I already made last year.