I frequently dream about my college days in Nagpur. Although most of those dreams are actually nightmares with a recurring theme, some are actually pleasant. Last night I dreamt that my daughter took admission in some Nagpur college & me and my wife also moved there to be closer to her. There, I was roaming around on my motorcycle and made acquaintance of some college students.
Although I have been to Nagpur many times since I graduated, it is not the same going back as an adult.
What I miss about college days
- Seeing my friends everyday.
- Going to college but not going into the classroom.
- The widespread excellent food cheaper than anywhere else.
- Finding a new bar to drink for cheap every day of the week with friends.
- Once in a while staying at home blogging while friends are outside partying.
- Going to Buldi to buy cheap clothes, drink fruit juice and buy mobile phones.
- Drinking beer with Sood sahab at home listening to music while it is raining outside.
- Riding around on my motorcycle (RIP).
- Going on dates with my girlfriend (now wife) & spending hours talking on the phone on the terrace.
- Filling ₹10 worth of petrol in my motorcycle.
- The feeling of returning from holidays at home.
- Not having a single female friend.
- Hanging out at Shanky PP with friends and drinking coffee.
- Going to Pyramid and not buying anything.
- Our very first home.
- Going to Westside and not buying anything.
- Going to Poonam Chambers & playing video games.
- Knowing exactly what 2-wheeler everyone had & judging them for it.
- Attending college rock concerts without being judged for being single and poor.
- Sitting at Cafe Coffee Day staring at girls without a single worry in life. Also purchasing Q-Jam coupons for ₹5 and playing our favourite songs.
- Going to localites’ house and not relating to their culture, but appreciating a home cooked meal nonetheless.
- Consuming cannabis with friends at the hostel on Holi and then spending the next few days wasted.
- Drinking beer at Telangkhedi lake and pissing in the lake standing on the retaining wall.
- Watching English movies with shitty Hindi dubbing.
- Sleeping in on exam day.
What I don’t miss
- The sweltering heat & the ever present dust.
- The constant/ever present lack of monies.
- The shit fountain at the hostel.
- My immature behaviour.
- Exam result nights.
For anyone else feeling nostalgic about college days, suggest watching this excellent show on Prime.